Thursday 13 November 2014

Target Audience: NME

NME is targeted at people who are aged between 17-30 who have a passion for music and film. 

This cover appeals to many people aged 17-30 as it includes bands, old and new. By having The Clash as the main cover stars will appeal to older audiences who grew up with bands such as The Clash where as artists such as Jay Z and Kings of Leon would appeal to a younger audience as they are more recent. I will use this when doing my own magazine, as I can include band profiles that are both recent and old to show my understanding of target audience, as it would attract an audience within the age range I would like (17-30). NME is also aimed at men more than women, so the fact that it's male artists on the cover could attract them more as The Clash are a punk band so could, stereo typically, relate to the heavy and fast music they produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment